Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hair Rebond Experience @ Tony and Jackey

My hair had been relaxed for 6 years already (twice a year) and the process made my hair dull and unmanageable. Since my hair is naturally wavy, I thought why not try digital perming instead? So I did my research and found out that Tony and Jackey is one of the most highly recommended salons in terms of digital perm service. I also found out that they have an ongoing promo - 5k digital perm (any length) with hair treatment, haircut and hair manicure (hair cellophane).

Without thinking twice, I went to Tony and Jackey (SM San Lazaro branch) @ exactly 10AM to have my digital perm. As soon as I entered the salon, I was greeted in unison by their friendly staff. I told the salon manager/interpreter that I wanted the 5k package (Loreal product) digital perm. The first thing they did was to check the condition of my hair and then started my hair treatment. After the treatment, Mr. Isaac (korean hairstylist) and two assistants applied some perming solution on my hair, leaved it for a few minutes and then attached my hair to the curling machine which made me looked like an octopus with more than 8 tentacles. What I like the most about this salon is that the staff are very attentive to the needs of their clients. While waiting for my digital perm to finish, they offered me coffee to drink and some magazines to read (FYI: their mags are updated unlike in other salons). After about 20-25 minutes, they removed my hair from the curling machine and I was amazed because my curls were so gorgeous (like Goldilocks' hair)! But after they applied the neutralizer and washed my hair, to our surprise, the curls were instantly gone :( So they repeated the entire process for the 2nd and 3rd time but my hair was still so stubborn it won't curl. Mr. Isaac finally told me that my hair was extremely strong (plus it was previously relaxed) that's why it didn't curl but he was very amazed because after repeating the digital perming process for 3 times, my hair was still not damaged or turned brittle. I asked him if I can have my hair rebonded instead and after doing a hair strand test, he started rebonding my hair. It was actually my first time to undergo hair rebonding treatment so I was quite excited to see its difference from hair relax. The whole rebonding process just took 3 hrs. to finish for my medium-length hair. After that, they applied some hair manicure solution to my locks to make them shinier. Finally, they washed and blow-dried my hair. TADAH!!! I now have a super straight, shinier and softer hair courtesy of Tony and Jackey salon. My hair never looks this good for a very long time! I'm really satisfied with their service and I will definitely go back to their salon for my next rebonding session (need to save enough money first). I left the salon at exactly 9pm. That was the longest time I'd spent in a parlor and my butts were aching from sitting too long but it didn't matter because the output was really great =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site pinkchinitadoll.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Frankie Says, said...

I'm glad I found your post, I was so scared to get it done but you have reassured me that it will work.

I'm going to Philippines this march and I want to get it done over there, cause it's much cheaper then it is here in Australia.

But my hair has been bleached and coloured many times in the past. I heard it's not good to get it rebonded if it has. Had you ever bleached or coloured you hair before getting it done?

I hope I get an answer from you, it would really help :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just got a Digital Perm at Chin Korean Salon yesterday (October 07,2011), I liked my curls at first though but now I'm so bored with it coz' I missed combing my hair (well, that's what i'm used to) and it's so hard to maintain a curly hair! and I also realized that I love having a long straight hair! Now, i really want a Hair Rebond but i'm not so sure as to when i can get one, any advice??? I've been having my hair rebonded for 5 years now at Luce Hair Salon in Banilad and It was my first time to get a Digital Perm. Can you give me any advice or tips as to when I can get my hair rebonded again since I just had my digital perms yesterday (Oct. 07,2011)??? I hope you can help me! thanks a lot!!!

Hello Green Beauty said...

Hi! It actually depends on the current condition and strength of your hair after undergoing the digital perm. In my case, the Korean stylist from Tony and Jackey assessed my hair first (he said my hair was very strong) before rebonding my hair after a failed digital perm. If your hair is weak, then I think you need to wait for at least 6 months before rebonding your hair again.

Anonymous said...

Grabe, I thought pag nagparebond ako sa tony and jackey di ako magsisisi. Well nagkamali ako, nag parebond ako 3 months ago sa Tony and Jackey in Market Market, 5k ang package for rebond.Stylist ko yung korean na mataray na maikli ang buhok dun. Nagulat ako nung sinabi ng stylist na 2 inches lang ang irerebond nya kasi masisira ang hair ko. kasi colored at 6 months ago na mula nung nirebond.yun din ang sabi ng mga pinay na assistant nya. So ako sinunod ko ang suggestion nila. GRabe. Ang pangit ng hair ko ngayon. parang di galing sa rebond. Kung damaged na at colored ang hair ko, which is, di naman ganun talaga ka damage, sana di na lang nirebond. Maganda pa nga ang hair ko compared sa iba pero napapaganda ng ibang salon. tsk tsk.walang pagkakaiba. Sayang pera ko. Kaya now, masasabi ko na hindi talaga lahat ng MAHAL maganda. Di na ko babalik jan!!! Over rated. Mas maigi pa sa mga murang salon. Badtrip!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I undergone digital perm at tony and jackey today and thinking to go back tomorrow to ask if my hair can be rebonded again, because frankly speaking, it was a disaster after they blow dry my hair.