Monday, June 16, 2008

Featured Website: Rent A Coder (RAC)

Are you a skillful programmer who wants to earn extra money online? If that's the case, then sign up now to Rent A Coder (RAC), post your resume and start earning money by accepting bid requests or by bidding on the projects that interest you. Rent A Coder was founded by Ian Ippolito who is also the CEO of Exhedra Solutions, Inc. (the parent company of Rent A Coder). It is one of the most popular and reputable freelancing sites on the Internet. This site is an advantage to both the buyers and the coders. The buyers can post their project requirements on RAC and can select from a pool of talented programmers from different countries to work on their project which proves to be more cost-efficient. On the other hand, the coders are given access to thousands of available projects and can work on their desired project at the comfort of their home. Rent A Coder is also not limited to programming projects, they also have projects for content writers, virtual assistants and even language translators.

I am a member of RAC since 2004 and it was only March of this year that I won my first project bid. Well, it's really worth the waiting because I worked on two more projects after that. I worked for a maximum of three days on each project. I received my first paycheck on the second week of April worth $19, unfortunately I was not able to encash it because the bank requirement here in the Philippines is to open first a dollar account with a minimum deposit of $200 before you can encash your dollar check! Luckily, Rent A Coder has a Western Union payment option, so for my two other projects I selected this option and I finally received my earnings in cold cash. I hope to get more projects in RAC. However, the competition is really tough but I believe my effort will pay off someday :-)

No comments: