Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DFA Passport Renewal

I just received my new machine-readable passport today. It was delivered in our office by the messenger of the travel agency that processed my passport renewal.

Actually, there are 3 ways in which you could apply for passport renewal.

1. Apply directly to DFA. (cheapest but has the most hassle)
2. Apply through DFA online. (www.passport.com.ph)
3. Apply through your favorite travel agency. (most expensive but has the least hassle)

I'd chosen the third option because I don't want my precious time to be wasted on falling in long lines. As suggested by one of my officemates, I went to Asia International Travel Agency in Makati City with the required documents for passport renewal (old passport and its photocopies, 4 pcs. passport-size pictures). Make sure that your passport pictures are taken with a royal blue background. I paid a total of 1350 to my travel agent and they scheduled my DFA appearance last January 29 at 9 AM. On the day of my appearance, I went to DFA with my mom and went straight to Gate 3 as instructed by a representative from my travel agency who is a very courteous person. It took me only 45 minutes to finish the process because we arrived there earlier and I salute DFA for having an organized system. After 1 and a half week, I already received my passport :)


Here are the contact details of the travel agency that assisted me.


Asia International Travel Agency

2nd flr. Sagittarius Bldg. III, 312 H.V. dela Costa St.

Salcedo Village, Makati City, Philippines

8182032 / 8129504 / 8124464 / 8170227

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.