Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SSS ID Issues

I can still remember the exact date when I applied for my SSS ID - it was on May 22, 2008. It all began when I went to Binondo and Makati branches of SSS to apply for an SSS ID only to find out that their photo-capturing device was out-of-order. After I inquired on several branches, I finally found an SSS branch with functioning photo-capturing device and that was the Lawton branch. So on my next vacation leave, I went there as early as 6:30 AM with my mom and to my horror the queue was already long! My line number was already 60+ and Lawton branch only allows 120 ID applicants in a day. It took me 5 hours for the entire process to finish and I was thankful that my mom was with me that time to have a proxy when I wanted to pee. After that the personnel who recorded my personal info said that I'll get my ID in 3 months. Unfortunately, 8 months have already passed and my SSS ID has not yet arrived. I keep on calling the Lawton branch and the SSS hotline (917-7777) but their answer is always "Sorry ma'am, the device for printing the ID is defective as of this moment. Just keep on waiting." One of the customer service who answered me even told me that I should wait for a year before my ID can be processed. I hope it will not take them forever to process my precious SSS ID. I wish early this year I can already receive it.

Do you also have the same experience as mine?

7 comments:

Kevin! said...

Better prepare for a long wait, I think I got mine about a year after I applied for it. Just keep in touch with wherever mailing address you registered with, as mine was sent to my old company, months after I resigned!

Hello Green Beauty said...

I just got mine 2 weeks ago and you're right, it took them almost a year to deliver my SSS ID.

Anonymous said...

I've applied last December, and I still haven't received it yet. Guess I'll need to wait till December this year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I applied at Diliman last March 23, 2010 I still haven't received it :(

Anonymous said...

euSalzieruorok [url=http://tiny.cc/reversephonelookups]Reverse Phone Lookup[/url] oCqthomiaf